Thursday, August 20, 2009

lincoln's first day at preschool

Lincoln really wanted to go to school this year. we settled for preschool at the Busy Bee Academy, which I've heard nothing but rave reviews for.
I thought a lot about whether I should put Lincoln in kindergarten this year. I feel he is ready, but thought there would be advantages to having him start next year.
*he would be the oldest instead of the youngest
*there is research showing that it's better for the child if they start kindergarten at age 6 instead of 5
*I assume he will want to date and drive- it would be nice for him to start these things with his classmates
*it seems logical to graduate HS and then leave for a mission, rather than wait a year and have that time to start college or get a job or meet a girl...and then leave
*Lincoln and Landon are just over a year apart in age; it makes sense that they should be a year apart in school
*I'm not ready to let go of my little boy! but don't worry, this last one played very little part in our decision.

1 comment:

Missy G said...

Wow! Congratulations Lincoln! I'm sure he'll have a fun year and be really excited for kindergarten next year.